Live in the memories of the past years;
Leave the shackles of the fading years,
Dream of the frequency of good news;
Sing of the frequency of desirable news.
Deal with your oppressors with a great heart,
Live as a heart worthy of hearts;
Reach for the years of greater glories,
Dream of the stories behind your glories.
Remain a stream of newness,
Retain the fountain of newness;
Live in the insights of your ancestors,
Live in the visions of nubian ancestors.
Keep your root far deep in the soil,
Give your roots more depth in the soil;
Remain purified in the fires of affliction,
Prevail against the fires of affliction.
The heart of a servant, the strength of a king;
The art of the wise, the ways of a king;
Leave the stings of the distant sunsets,
Cling to the dreams of the coming sunsets.
Feyisayo Anjorin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Africa by Feyisayo Anjorin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai