After 24 Years
Quitting school for 24 years
And now coming back to learn
Walking down with worries -
having mixed feelings within.
Mingling with the new faces
Far younger than I am
What sort of adjustment to make
To play the leveling field?
Glimmering past remembered
To catch up and recover ideas
Stored during my school days
But seems heavy load carry on.
Coming back to school is a dream
And hoping to set out negativity
By just enjoying the moment in class
And reckoning the vigor of youth –
Full of dreams,
Wanting freedom and excellence
Never wasting the chances
The opportunity of being young.
However at 59 years old now
No more time of competing
As the young ones did;
But may be a guiding light –
sharing the wisdom of the past;
somehow the youth may know
how to treasure time of life
by spending it with GOD’s time
and be thankful for every moment
that learning is never growing old
but a guide to each and everyone
to spend moment with reason
by remaining a Legacy
to be remembered
from generation to generation.
bonifacio alba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After 24 Years by bonifacio alba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Every Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie