Two elderly couples seated at a table,
In their small town coffee shop café,
All seem to be approaching their golden years of life,
Yet so filled in an “Agape’ “, friendship loving way.
Men sharing football team statistics,
While the ladies share what God in their life has done?
Neither aware of what the other is sharing,
Just sharing their love over coffee,
And having true” Agape’” fun.
So much long ago, seemed to be shared this way,
Over a warm cup of coffee, or maybe even tea?
Now things seem much different, so divided,
Of that thing called, “Agape” to me.
By: Linda Winchell
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Agape Friendship' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A piece of my ground, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey