' A Poet's Outlet'
We poet's need, his or her outlet!
Where we can write down the words that clutter up our minds.
It is a curse to have such a talent
placing ones feelings, of words sometimes in rhyme.
Not just anyone, can master this feat
I'm not saying that, I really have.
But I have been pluged into this poet's outlet
the same as you, and for that I'm really glad.
I read some of your poems, then maybe you read some of mine?
Whatever the case might be, everyone different
and most of which are really fine.
I haven't a knack, for non-rhyming poems
It really isn't, this Poet's, poetic style.
But for those that do, I kindly read them through
and with wonderment puzzled, scratch my head and smile.
I think this currents, ' two twenty? '
Because, I go about writing, real fast!
But I always wonder, maybe you do too?
Thinking, 'How long is this streak of poetry, going to last? '
Whatever length of time we're all given
'Bravo! ', I say to you!
Now are we going to get a bill?
Pluging into these outlets used?
'Oh my! ', I'll have to end it here! '
Because I think, I'VE JUST BLOWN, MY POET'S OUTLET FUSE! '
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' A Poet's Outlet' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn