' A Poet's Outlet'
We poet's need, his or her outlet!
Where we can write down the words that clutter up our minds.
It is a curse to have such a talent
placing ones feelings, of words sometimes in rhyme.
Not just anyone, can master this feat
I'm not saying that, I really have.
But I have been pluged into this poet's outlet
the same as you, and for that I'm really glad.
I read some of your poems, then maybe you read some of mine?
Whatever the case might be, everyone different
and most of which are really fine.
I haven't a knack, for non-rhyming poems
It really isn't, this Poet's, poetic style.
But for those that do, I kindly read them through
and with wonderment puzzled, scratch my head and smile.
I think this currents, ' two twenty? '
Because, I go about writing, real fast!
But I always wonder, maybe you do too?
Thinking, 'How long is this streak of poetry, going to last? '
Whatever length of time we're all given
'Bravo! ', I say to you!
Now are we going to get a bill?
Pluging into these outlets used?
'Oh my! ', I'll have to end it here! '
Because I think, I'VE JUST BLOWN, MY POET'S OUTLET FUSE! '
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' A Poet's Outlet' by Linda Winchell )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns