' A Poet's Outlet'
We poet's need, his or her outlet!
Where we can write down the words that clutter up our minds.
It is a curse to have such a talent
placing ones feelings, of words sometimes in rhyme.
Not just anyone, can master this feat
I'm not saying that, I really have.
But I have been pluged into this poet's outlet
the same as you, and for that I'm really glad.
I read some of your poems, then maybe you read some of mine?
Whatever the case might be, everyone different
and most of which are really fine.
I haven't a knack, for non-rhyming poems
It really isn't, this Poet's, poetic style.
But for those that do, I kindly read them through
and with wonderment puzzled, scratch my head and smile.
I think this currents, ' two twenty? '
Because, I go about writing, real fast!
But I always wonder, maybe you do too?
Thinking, 'How long is this streak of poetry, going to last? '
Whatever length of time we're all given
'Bravo! ', I say to you!
Now are we going to get a bill?
Pluging into these outlets used?
'Oh my! ', I'll have to end it here! '
Because I think, I'VE JUST BLOWN, MY POET'S OUTLET FUSE! '
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' A Poet's Outlet' by Linda Winchell )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher