Holds me in its embrace.
That perfumed kiss
On the breeze
Winging bliss through the trees.
They dress so fair,
And jewels of sunlight everywhere
Dancing across that sleeping lake.
Drying dewdropp tears
As cooler dawn does break.
Warms me with its unseen love.
She walks the meadow
As stars above
Tell me just to wait.
Our hearts will beat in time
In the evening
Of new dreams.
As love is never as it seems.
I fix my gaze
Upon red skies
And fill my days,
'Til sunset dies
That sunlit ocean
Eases my soul.
And I watch memories
She made my heart just rock and roll.
Maybe I'm still tied to the mast.
So let us drink deep
From summers' glass
Because winter waits
And all things must pass.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ah Summer by Kevin East )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee