The Aching In My Heart
The aching in my heart
Like sweetest kiss of scent
From love's bouquet.
As I fly into summer sky of blue
Wearing robes of cloud
And the touch of you.
That gift from the sun
The smile in your soul
With sweet embrace, you await,
Wearing the stars
As only your eyes can do.
The aching in my heart is you.
Oh, the aching in my heart
That buzzes like the promise of Spring
Across field of dancing flower.
Conducted by the breeze
Swaying in the twilight
And waiting for the moon's late hour
To light their canvas in blue.
What unknown chord
Love strikes within me.
Your beauty sings
And you leave me smitten
Among forgotten rainbows.
Like silver raindrops
Crying on a window pane
I call in silence
Through just a heartbeat of pain.
You thrill me and fill me
With the magic of a sunrise.
And the death of a sunset
Waves only sweet goodbyes,
Until tomorrow's dawn whispers
We are both reborn.
I wait in eternity
For your forever kiss.
Every night I hold you
In a dream.
Where only you and I
Can play a part
Will always exist
Within the aching of my heart.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Aching In My Heart by Kevin East )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- take three hour to digest, Havilah
- Before I go…, Mark Heathcote
- The Stuff Myths are Made of, Holly Wotherspoon
- A Winter Poem, Leslie Philibert
- Angry all the time, Kelly Shanks
- nutmeg needs attention, Havilah
- All Creatures ‘Life Matter, Hebert Logerie
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael P. McParland
- This Worthless Beast, Michael P. McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael P. McParland