The Aching In My Heart
The aching in my heart
Like sweetest kiss of scent
From love's bouquet.
As I fly into summer sky of blue
Wearing robes of cloud
And the touch of you.
That gift from the sun
The smile in your soul
With sweet embrace, you await,
Wearing the stars
As only your eyes can do.
The aching in my heart is you.
Oh, the aching in my heart
That buzzes like the promise of Spring
Across field of dancing flower.
Conducted by the breeze
Swaying in the twilight
And waiting for the moon's late hour
To light their canvas in blue.
What unknown chord
Love strikes within me.
Your beauty sings
And you leave me smitten
Among forgotten rainbows.
Like silver raindrops
Crying on a window pane
I call in silence
Through just a heartbeat of pain.
You thrill me and fill me
With the magic of a sunrise.
And the death of a sunset
Waves only sweet goodbyes,
Until tomorrow's dawn whispers
We are both reborn.
I wait in eternity
For your forever kiss.
Every night I hold you
In a dream.
Where only you and I
Can play a part
Will always exist
Within the aching of my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Aching In My Heart by Kevin East )
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns