Words are beautiful,
Some things are more than words;
Words could bind like cords,
Words could capture and keep in bounds.
Who says words wont fly in the air
Like arrows in a battlefield?
We would build a shield with words,
Words served our enemies, words are our friendly shield;
We will gird ourselves with the words of our lovers.
The name of my town;
We lay down our swords and kill with words,
Chocolate brown, cocoa brown, hilly town,
We are born to build and kill with words.
Feyisayo Anjorin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Akure by Feyisayo Anjorin )
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan