Words are beautiful,
Some things are more than words;
Words could bind like cords,
Words could capture and keep in bounds.
Who says words wont fly in the air
Like arrows in a battlefield?
We would build a shield with words,
Words served our enemies, words are our friendly shield;
We will gird ourselves with the words of our lovers.
The name of my town;
We lay down our swords and kill with words,
Chocolate brown, cocoa brown, hilly town,
We are born to build and kill with words.
Feyisayo Anjorin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Akure by Feyisayo Anjorin )
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)