The Tetractys is:
a pentastich, a complete poem in a 5 lines.
syllabic, with a progressive syllable count 1-2-3-4-10 per line.
sometimes written as a Double Tetractys (2 quintains) , when doubled the syllabic pattern is reversed,1-2-3-4-10-10-4-3-2-1.
sometimes it is stanzaic, written in any number of quintains. When written in multiple stanzas the syllabic pattern is a Mirrored Tetractyssyllables per line 1-2-3-4-10 10-4-3-2-1 1-2-3-4-10 10-4-3-2-1 etc….
Now laid in
His word built home
Clappings alone show him light to his march
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -121 by Indira Renganathan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(15 April 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 입싸방은아메센터jh, hthrth fdghfh
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost