Promissory Route(Silva de consonantes)
Silva de consonantes, the defining features are:
stanzaic, any number of couplets.
syllabic, alternating 7-11 syllabic lines.7-11 7-11 7-11 7-11 7-11 etc.
rhymed, consonant-full rhyme aabbccdd etc.
When the season turned rainy
She wished to wake only when sun turned shiny
She slept and woke up bit late
As the sun was blinded and woke up late
Rains flooded around in dark
She thought of gone sun again and slept back stark
Sun never seemed to light though
She got up with a stirred heart with painful throe
Sun however did come next
Promising for a fresh season with new text
Cheated she rose up to sun
Went his way, burnt herself, paid off his run
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -142 by Indira Renganathan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- HIdden Clock, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'Poem Time', Wolfie Scott
- It is what it is, The Princess
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Dreams, Tony Adah
- Godlike, Lawrence Beck
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher