Alon Calinao Dy
Beers, wines and spirits
Produce some relaxant effects.
Addiction to alcohol
Puts you into a pothole.
You drink alcohol as a daily habit.
You sip it like a natural water.
Just in a bit,
Your life is in danger.
You think it's fun and you're hot.
But you are not!
Intoxication and dehydration
Are some mild effects.
You live in fear and escape problems.
You think alcohol is the answer.
Cirrhosis, brain damage and cancer
Are the irreversible effects.
If you want to live longer,
Be smarter than your doctor.
Vodka, gin, tequila, whisky, brandy...
Put them all away!
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alcoholism by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Growth and Change, Victor Cruickshank
- A Class to Remember, Victor Cruickshank
- Dedication, Victor Cruickshank
- On his greatness, Laxman Rao
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak