Weeds interest me...
Their beauty is almost ignored.
Stoping to look at them,
Strangers, will, shout-out!
It’s just a weed...
But, isn't that, true of us all...
A weed is only a flower-
In the wrong place, they say.
Well again isn't that, how we all feel.
There is a weakness in a flower
In the right place! Oh to be
A weed in the wrong place
Must be heaven on earth!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alienated Flowers by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning, spiritual seeker
- Roses, Hanh Chau
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)