All Things Lovely
Lovely things begin with the sunshine.
Her rays illuminate faces
So that smiles can be seen.
Her love so bountiful
She shares with the world.
Next on the list is friendship.
Her bonds hold giants safely
Over ledges. Her eyes magnify
To infinity the good,
And make minuscule the bad.
Runner up is the gentle tear.
Her screams chase fears,
And streams wash away sorrow
For all.When joy bursts boundaries,
She bubbles and blossoms.
Next in line is patience.
Her grace eliminates wars.
Her foundation is love.
Her nature builds friendships.
She removes evil from the tongue.
Finally, and on par with sunshine is time.
She makes way for patience to ripen.
She allows friendship to crystallize
Into excellence. She replaces sorrow
With the hope of a better tomorrow.
Yet these are useless without people.
With arms to lay in the sunshine,
And bodies that keep the hearts of friends,
With whom you can share your tears,
Even if it is with time to grow patience.
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Things Lovely by Leslie Alexis )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak