Kazi Nazrul Islam
My eyes don't go by forbidding;
so does my mind
neither by forbidding nor by weeping.
Over the ages I have been looking for you
staying at roadside,
tears rolled down overflowing my banks
not caring for eye wash.
I am alone in the midst of all
which is why I long to see you
death, too, reckons none barring you.
[Original: Noyon je mor; Translation: Mohammad Nurul Huda]
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi
- EVERY POEM HAS ITS PHILOSOPHER AND ITS P.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Going to meet an end, gajanan mishra