A bright, sunny day…
It is harvesting time for the alu*,
Whole families came to help, even small children.
The women folks in their colourful sarees,
Bending, squatting and digging with their hands,
As usual, there is so much to share and talk too…giggling and occasional burst of laughter,
old man is working the plough, pulled lazily by two black bulls,
Ahh..it looked too easy, rows after rows of alu…
As the plough moved forward, bright fresh alu popping from mother earth…its magical!
Crows too are having a busy time…
Feeding on insects and worms as mother earth open up.
‘'Sir, take some alu back home… it is big and sweet! ''
Yes, this year harvest has been good,
At least, the family can now sleep comfortably,
Without the previous year hunger pangs.
*Alu is potato in Hindi.
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alu harvest by spiritual seeker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz