Always try to maintain nobility!
Whether it is possible or impossible,
The noble persons shall think of the admirable
Deeds only, without submitting them for abuse!
The missed arrow which was aimed at Lion
Is not to be blamed than the swift arrow
That pierced the heart of the Jackal!
The noble persons should aim to do
The rare and best activities possible;
Even it fails, always try to maintain nobility!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Always try to maintain nobility! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Naalatiyaar'
இசையும் எனினும் இசையா தெனினும்
வசைதீர எண்ணுவர் சான்றோர்; - விசையின்
நரிமா உளங்கிழித்த அம்பினின் தீதோ,
அரிமாப் பிழைப்பெய்த கோல்? 152 மேன்மக்கள்
Comments about this poem (Always try to maintain nobility! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- A Description Of Mercy, Giles Fletcher The Younger
- Until You Came Along, Shakeela Kingzley
- If you forget, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hear me, hear me,, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Just few minutes., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Song Of The Blue Night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Lioness, Denis Martindale
- War In Palestine, Tony Adah
- let me also live..! ! !, Lichu Thomas
- Concrete Sorrow, Rokon Uddin
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)