Always try to maintain nobility!
Whether it is possible or impossible,
The noble persons shall think of the admirable
Deeds only, without submitting them for abuse!
The missed arrow which was aimed at Lion
Is not to be blamed than the swift arrow
That pierced the heart of the Jackal!
The noble persons should aim to do
The rare and best activities possible;
Even it fails, always try to maintain nobility!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Always try to maintain nobility! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Naalatiyaar'
இசையும் எனினும் இசையா தெனினும்
வசைதீர எண்ணுவர் சான்றோர்; - விசையின்
நரிமா உளங்கிழித்த அம்பினின் தீதோ,
அரிமாப் பிழைப்பெய்த கோல்? 152 மேன்மக்கள்
Comments about this poem (Always try to maintain nobility! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Cannot Take Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Beautiful Story of You, Corey Jones
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He's right;, george albot
- Dove, Nathan Beery
- Tempestuous Solace, Nathan Beery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns