America Needs A President Who Relıes On Faith And Prayer
AMERICA = 2012
The clean-up of the housing crash and bust
Is by far not over or recovering yet.
Painfully we suffer the misjudgments of men
Greedy for profit and free from regret.
Far too many are out of work and looking for jobs
More than any time since the Great Depression of the past.
Food and fuel cost more every day that we live
As the futures of America and the World are cast.
A true measure of change is our only hope
We must turn to prayer seeking God's answers to renew.
Honesty, humor, faith and integrity
Are all we need to practice and pursue.
Life has always been Heaven's test of resolve
To teach us we are never in total control.
It is God who decides the outcomes of sin
As the consequences of unfaithfulness take their toll.
ABRAHAM LINCOLN POEM
There's no better time to ponder Abraham Lincoln
Than a presidential election year like now.
From his humble beginnings in a one-room log cabin
He became our 16th president and here's how.
Abraham was a true believer and worshiper of God
And was always aware of His presence night or day.
He knew that evil shadows every woman and man
And before every decision he would meditate and pray.
The same so should we with both heart and soul
Ask God for His Devine answers in time of need.
As we face life's problems and the weakness of man
For jealousy, anger, hate, lust, love and greed.
ELECTION = 2012 POEM
With looming worries about jobs, homes and healthcare
College debt, Afghanistan, terrorism and disease.
Americans seek clear options this November
As we pray for those we vote for on our knees.
America needs a president who relies on faith and prayer
One who can lead by example, servitude and more.
Someone who loves our freedom and heroes of the past
Who inspires us like none we have known before.
Whoever wins the final vote when tallied
We pray they succeed and restore America's glory.
The time has come for all of us to rise up and change
As freedom, love and commitment become our story.
If President George Washington was alive and well
And spoke to America of troubles we face today.
I wonder what he might faithfully suggest
And would we heed to anything he would say?
Tom's 481 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
'To book Tom Zart for guest appearances, product, or services, contact Raymond L. LaPietra-Exclusive Personal Manager,913-681-7750 (office) , email@example.com (e-mail) ,
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America Needs A President Who Relıes On Faith And Prayer by Tom Zart )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(22 October 1928 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Poetry of Mathematics, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Ajab Makaan Hai Ke Jis Mein Makeenn Nahe.., Parveen Shakir
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis
- No Way For Her, Luis Estable
- Slowly Does It, Luis Estable
- The Dance, Ronald Stuart Thomas
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR