Amorem et lucem
Your voice eased my torment,
The second I heard it.
My broken jigsaw of a heart clicked into place,
And I saw a more complete picture
The heated curse of confusion
Rolling and drumming inside me
Morphed into a wild, healing thing.
You helped me hold on.
You offered me hope.
Then, you made happiness burst from me
Here was a man,
Strong and kind,
For me to hold in my healing heart,
To bring me joy,
To bring me understanding,
Of the wholeness a woman can feel
When she hears loving words
From the man who saved her.
Even if you have to cut me loose (please don't) ....
Or if something happens to me (it won't) ....
That happiness fire under my breast,
Made from love,
Understanding and gratitude,
Will burn on forever.....and will always have your name at its centre.
Ruby Honeytip's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amorem et lucem by Ruby Honeytip )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Save the girls, gajanan mishra
- Awaiting For Spring, Rimni chakravarty