Amorem et lucem
Your voice eased my torment,
The second I heard it.
My broken jigsaw of a heart clicked into place,
And I saw a more complete picture
The heated curse of confusion
Rolling and drumming inside me
Morphed into a wild, healing thing.
You helped me hold on.
You offered me hope.
Then, you made happiness burst from me
Here was a man,
Strong and kind,
For me to hold in my healing heart,
To bring me joy,
To bring me understanding,
Of the wholeness a woman can feel
When she hears loving words
From the man who saved her.
Even if you have to cut me loose (please don't) ....
Or if something happens to me (it won't) ....
That happiness fire under my breast,
Made from love,
Understanding and gratitude,
Will burn on forever.....and will always have your name at its centre.
Ruby Honeytip's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amorem et lucem by Ruby Honeytip )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions, Terence G. Craddock
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry