AN APPLICATION TO BE A MEMBER... MAY 11TH,2013
I think I’ll apply to be a senator and why not?
They were appointed for no known reason and some were caught,
I could pretend to live in Ottawa and be a big shot,
I’m as good as they are and I once owned a tiny little yacht.
Unfortunately I’d like to talk about assisted suicide,
Which is a subject they hate, despise and let slide,
But why should they care; they don’t have to be voted in,
They’re appointed till seventy five so they always win.
If I was a senator, I’d never want a change a thing,
As a member of the Canadian aristocracy with a ring,
People could bow their heads and show me some respect,
Because appointed senators never worry about a reelect.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (AN APPLICATION TO BE A MEMBER... MAY 11TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer
- Is this what We asked for?, Somanathan Iyer
- The world is in peace, gajanan mishra
- The joy in pain, hasmukh amathalal
- Romantic Recollection, Ananta Madhavan
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body