Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) (16 November / Westport New Zealand)
An Epidemic Of Melancholy Proportions
an epidemic of melancholy proportions
is sweeping through many societies countries
despair dejection sadness misery hopelessness
are recession downturn decline consequences
suicide globally haunts many countries cultures
suicide globally engulfs preys upon countries cultures
many countries cultures ethnic societies
never even developed coined a word for depression
yet globally according to recent studies
fifty percent of women suffer episodes of depression
each at least
a single episode
to only ten
percent of men
ask the question
an issue the world
should take seriously...
one million people a year
are cured permanently
one million people a year succeed
in their attempts at suicide
issue depression needs countries cultures to address
society wide ways to address negative mind problems
depression has become a diabolical mind field killer
when will we learn to honour all our human family?
Poet Other Poems
- ‘Cubism’ Picasso
- “I Am Not A Terrorist” Sarah Palin
- 2008 Wall Street Crash
- 2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis
- 2012 Austerity Keeps Spreading
- 22 Feb Not Saying Much Yet
- 22feb Universal SMS I Am Ok
- 23 Feb DAWN
- 23feb Dust Motes Settling Dust
- 23feb Earth Swells Into National Cry Mou...
- 23feb Many Miracles Near Misses
- 23feb Wait For Last Miracles Last Pocket...
- 23feb Which Is Worst?
- 23feb10 The Day After: Garden City
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
See also the poem 'State Of 20th Century Man'.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock