An inkling of a stranger
The mysterious whisper since a long time
Turned into a conversation.
She appears in a transparent gown
And introduced herself;
'I am Edeath your friendly enemy,
Still a virgin and I give you a specific time.
Sorry, I have to carry out orders from the top
But we are friends tyrannical.
*[ I dedicate this poem to the journalist Amantha Perera for his great article was published in the recent Time magazine.'Postcard: Jaffna. After decades of civil war between the Tamil Tigers and the Sri Lankan Army, one road connecting north and south has finally reopened. Scars from the past more than 25 years of conflict has left its mark on the city of Jaffna.']
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An inkling of a stranger by nimal dunuhinga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena
- I wonder, hasmukh amathalal
- Nightmares Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I speak loud, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA