Oh! God, bless me and all,
The world is quite changed into,
The flaming thorny wilderness.
My eyes can see no more,
These false puppet shows;
And rising all around the fire,
Of jealousy and mincing hate.
All men and women of the world,
Move confounded in extra-haste,
Obsessed by their own interests;
Heedless towards the needy fellows.
Crying to be rescued out of
The marshes and mud of troubles;
Splintered, Sunk knee deep.
The cries melt my heart,
That languishes in warm drops,
Weeps and moans in silence;
And emerges a prayer from
The deep unexplored recesses,
Of the palpitating organ;
And whispers to me its intent,
“Oh! God, Bless me and all,
As I intend to change, the world,
The flaming thorny wilderness,
Into flowery, fragrant zone of Eden.
Shahida Latif's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Intent by Shahida Latif )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta