' An Old Beatle's Song'
I heard an old Beatle's song played
while at a dinner function last night.
The speaker that played it for us
was using it to illustrate her fight.
She had overcome nose cancer
and then some other tumors throughout.
I could understand why she was there to speak
it was easy for all to figure out.
The song that played by the Beatles'
was, 'Help I Need Somebody! '
It was popular back in my day.
But the message that it brought to all this night
was in the words that this song displayed.
It talked about younger years
and being so self secure.
Never thought they needed anybody
to help in anyway, for sure.
It showed how vulnerable we really are
how small in the larger scheme of things.
And then when down in the pits of despair
we realize just what life without God can bring.
We reach out to God for His mercy
'Please Lord Help Me If You Can! '
Just like the words in that Beatle's song
sung so long ago by a strange looking Beatle's band.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' An Old Beatle's Song' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki