Dr Hitesh Sheth
An Open Letter To Mosquitoes
Oh mosquitoes! Humming
like a helicopter shoddy,
And landing on a helipad
of our fragile body.
If you want to drink our
blood, just drink, who cares,
Because many do the same
from our soul, puerile and bare.
Learn to sip it gently as a
politician of this world does,
Without making loud noise
without making much fuss.
Our other complain is why you
need to sing music in our ears,
Did you have Mozart, Beatles
Madonna or Jackson as peers.
Learn to inject the little pain-
killer from your proboscis
Learn to refrain from injecting
the killer virus of diseases.
You may sip blood but why
you need to inject germs,
Why help doctor earn money
Are they your peers or chums
With this open letter, we
declare truce with your species,
Henceforth you would not
treat human as your dishes.
Dr Hitesh Sheth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Open Letter To Mosquitoes by Dr Hitesh Sheth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock