Dr Hitesh Sheth
Oft an adults with childish mentality do marriage
With an aim to travel in life’s joyful carriage.
On fate’s tortuous road of uncertainty
With an aim to sing life’s joyous ditty
The coach drawn by colts of happiness cum sorrow.
Rushes on a road winding up to morrow
Then a wanton fantasy running amok
Mates with a desire running wild
And in due course produces a sacrificial child.
Then, adult children with unfulfilled goals,
Imprison poor newborns in their ambition’s gaol.
They prod tiny tots with a goad of desires
Till their limbs gets tired and hearts emits fire.
The fools trying to fulfill goals in a vicarious way
Unknowingly extinguish the newborn rays.
The child born in an accident
Complains in a front of providence:
In muffled prayers or screams
To rescue his brutally raped dreams.
Thus their desire abuses new born child
Who is yet to shed innocence’s guild.
Eventually the carriage falls in
a dolorous dell,
And the progenies that
begets in the hell,
fight like Cain and Abel.
Dr Hitesh C Sheth
Dr Hitesh Sheth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Child Marriage by Dr Hitesh Sheth )
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)