An Orphan's Melancholy
One again.. the cold breeze robs him off his sleep..
And in the early hours of morning..
Amongst the sleepy lull of his room…
He walks on to the window of distant hope..
Silent and calm..he slips on his coat….
Orphange! ! the gloomy lights reflect on the engraved letters
He looks upto the sky as if questioning his existence…
Yes, both his and the one they call god,
Far away the shimmering lights of life…
Mock him at his destiny…
Destined to be deprived….
And in his cold heart, he inhales cold breath…
Freezing his hope, as the days pass by….
A tear slithers down his dew kissed cheeks…
His eyes…stuck as a stare of a corpse….
Sniffling quietly, he beholds his roaring anger inside…
Cut out by incised silence…a death of words…
which greeted him on his birth…
only to live with him forever….
And there he sits on the porch…
The wolves in his mind battle…
Hate and love..which one to feed..
Which one to grow…
But as the sun rises, his trembling body,
Wakes up to the fear of getting caught….
And like a forgotten memory…
He slips away into his room,
Robbed of dreams for a very long time…
His days weep……
While every night he silently dies…..
Shagun Khera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Orphan's Melancholy by Shagun Khera )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline
- Who Will They Put In Charge of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- The Plow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Tales Of A Wife: She Wants To Stay, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Rest my case, Nassy Fesharaki