Dr Hitesh Sheth
An Oscar Award in Heaven
She had acted all her life
as mother, daughter and wife
She faked pleasure, when there was none;
She feigned gusto, when zest was gone.
She smiled at people, she would like to kill;
She scoffed at charmer, who gave her thrill.
She obeyed her boss, she longed to rebel
She served the persons, She desired in hell.
Thus she acted happy all her life,
In her world full of pain and strife.
At last her journey ended
And in heaven her soul landed.
In the heaven there was Oscar giving ceremony
And on Hollywood actress, all bet their money.
But as usual, Man proposes and God disposes
So actress lost and she won Oscar with roses.
God Announced: “Actress acted only in movies,
But she acted when her life was scarred,
Her acting is really thrilling and groovy,
So not the actress but she deserves Oscar.'
Dr Hitesh C Sheth
Dr Hitesh Sheth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Oscar Award in Heaven by Dr Hitesh Sheth )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou