Dr Hitesh Sheth
An Oscar Award in Heaven
She had acted all her life
as mother, daughter and wife
She faked pleasure, when there was none;
She feigned gusto, when zest was gone.
She smiled at people, she would like to kill;
She scoffed at charmer, who gave her thrill.
She obeyed her boss, she longed to rebel
She served the persons, She desired in hell.
Thus she acted happy all her life,
In her world full of pain and strife.
At last her journey ended
And in heaven her soul landed.
In the heaven there was Oscar giving ceremony
And on Hollywood actress, all bet their money.
But as usual, Man proposes and God disposes
So actress lost and she won Oscar with roses.
God Announced: “Actress acted only in movies,
But she acted when her life was scarred,
Her acting is really thrilling and groovy,
So not the actress but she deserves Oscar.'
Dr Hitesh C Sheth
Dr Hitesh Sheth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Oscar Award in Heaven by Dr Hitesh Sheth )
- Hiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz
- A Recipe for Joyful Living, Valsa George
- BESTIE, Eleonor Santiago
- My Past, Tribhawan Kaul
- RETURN TO LOVE, Meggie Gultiano
- Good life, John Mamhungaire
- Escalator of Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Stinch Binge, Joe Elmenhorst