You know that feeling
Like you're not really there?
Sometimes I just want to sit and observe
And not be a part of life at all
Just watch all the little people from high above
And wonder why they do those things they do
Wouldn't life be grand
If there was no such thing as reality?
If life was like being in the TV?
When things get too tough
The episode can just end
And if things get too hard
You can just change the story
Wouldn't that be great?
In a world where things aren't what they seem
When down is up and vice versa
You could probably do pretty much anything
You could fly, you could touch the stars
Reality is just too real
There's nothing you can do to stop it
Isn't it sad that sometimes we just back out?
Every day people just can't take it anymore
So they don't, they just end it all
As for me, I think I'll keep going
Maybe if I close my eyes and dream hard enough
My perfect little world will come true
Akara K.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anti-Reality by Akara K. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Resurrection, Naveed Khalid
- The Wind, the Sun and the Moon, Anne Stevenson
- On Going Deaf, Anne Stevenson
- In the Orchard, Anne Stevenson
- THINKING OF YOCHANA, Terry Collett
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her happiness, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Making Poetry, Anne Stevenson