I can feel the power
Coming out, from my
Limbs, it guides my finger,
Pushed by my heart,
By my head… I can
Feel it, the words,
The thoughts, the images,
Though quite blurry,
Coming out from
I don’t know, I don’t
Know where it’s coming
From.. irresistible power
From the spirits?
From the angels?
From the omnipotent?
What? From what
What? What dominates
My head? What dominates my hand?
What dominates his soul? Is it Edgar?
Is it William? I don’t know, all I know
It continuously flow, that even when I sleep
It’s there, inviting me, in the closing of my eyes it is that I can see? What corrupted this mind? Who invites me to wake up at night to scribble, to write.. who? Is it you?
Cyrus Diaz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apollo by Cyrus Diaz )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hold On, Spiritwind Wood
- Underwoods: Epigram, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Passions of Love, Cathy Hodgson
- What Is an Epigram?, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Before and Every After, Marianne Boruch
- Patron, Archan Mehta
- I Never Compose A Poem, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Binoo the Actor, sarojkanta dash
- It Is Not Mine, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Train Journey, Asit Kumar Sanyal