Sylvia Loven Carter
Are so You Thought...
The truth is you did shake the world that I'd became use to.
were you hoping I'd go over the edge? that the world that I was sharing with you would end my peace of mind would leave me?
'Are so you thought'
I've been asked why did I settle and get comfortable in you're CHAOS
I did plan to Love you till the end of one of our lives.
The truth is you did shake the world that I'd become use to.
you started treating me as if I didn't deserve the very best
As I remember the many times
how you made it a habit to disrespect me as often as you could
So I thought I'd keep on dealing with and taking you're ignorance, you'd come to your senses oh well.
I know that it should have been a no-brainier now that it's over
I've got to get together can't do it by my self I need Jesus to help me
this is what I've been dealt
I know you think you've won
and that's sad that you think so.
I've got to get it together...
I have been given strength for the battle.
Sylvia Loven Carter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are so You Thought... by Sylvia Loven Carter )
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
- A. A. Anzarannii As An Indian English Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- From My List of Annoyances, Jeff Gangwer
- When A Flower Glooms, Eshan Gupta
- A Wealth, Like Truth, Jeff Gangwer
- "If I believed in your heaven...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)