ARE WE HELPLESS... MAY 16TH,2013
Will Stephen or Justin take up the death-with-dignity cause?
Maybe neither and they think they’ll never die just because,
But Canadians increasingly support the end-of-life choice,
Maybe, maybe, just one of them will and we can all rejoice.
DWD is coming our way whether they like it or not,
Though it’s like banging on the door of an empty Ottawa house,
No wonder only half of our Canadians even bother to vote,
Referendums and proportional representation very remote.
It’s just that we are helpless in that we cannot arrange when to die,
It’s illegal and a sin and controversial - that’s the reason why,
So religious leaders and politicians want things stay as they are,
That’s how they keep their cushy jobs and no one goes too far.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ARE WE HELPLESS... MAY 16TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken