ARE WE HELPLESS NOW? ... JUNE 4TH,2013
We can’t change the appointed Senate and why is that so strange?
Because the Ottawa elites don’t want anything rearranged,
They got the appointments until they are seventy five,
If the Senate is closed down; they would feel deprived.
And we can’t change Trudeau’s Charter because we don’t have these trends,
Because it was simply imposed by Trudeau and all his friends,
We should put assisted suicide in this Charter if we can,
No doubt the Ottawa elites would have this idea banned.
Because Canadians don’t do anything that might rock the boat,
Add that to the fact that less than half of us bother to vote,
An elected Senate, death-with-dignity and what else?
Maybe we should just shut up as usual and tighten our belts.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ARE WE HELPLESS NOW? ... JUNE 4TH,2013 by James Bredin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable