ARE WE HELPLESS NOW? ... JUNE 4TH,2013
We can’t change the appointed Senate and why is that so strange?
Because the Ottawa elites don’t want anything rearranged,
They got the appointments until they are seventy five,
If the Senate is closed down; they would feel deprived.
And we can’t change Trudeau’s Charter because we don’t have these trends,
Because it was simply imposed by Trudeau and all his friends,
We should put assisted suicide in this Charter if we can,
No doubt the Ottawa elites would have this idea banned.
Because Canadians don’t do anything that might rock the boat,
Add that to the fact that less than half of us bother to vote,
An elected Senate, death-with-dignity and what else?
Maybe we should just shut up as usual and tighten our belts.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ARE WE HELPLESS NOW? ... JUNE 4TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)