Are You Beautiful?
Are you beautiful? Don’t compare yourselves to magazines or women on TV
Look past the mirror image and tell me what you see.
For beauty, true beauty is entirely within your control
Look past the reflected image and gaze into your soul.
When we only think of beauty in superficial ways
We forget everyone is beautiful in his or her own way.
When we learn to see that beauty then we are truly blessed
Because finding it in others uncovers the beauty we possess.
Our looks are bound to change as we get old and grey
But the beauty in our soul grows stronger every day.
That is the beauty we should nurture, the beauty of which we need to be aware
Not the ever changing outside appearance, but the beauty that’s always there.
With this in mind I’ll repeat the question? For the answer you don’t have to look far
So, once again, are you beautiful? ....Smile...of course you are.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Beautiful? by Jim Yerman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Barsana, Lalit Kaira
- Do You Still Wish Me Well, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Stone God and Goddess in an Ark, Tom Sleigh
- The Book on the Topmost Shelf, David Lewis Paget
- Midsummer Day's Dream, Mary Spain
- THAT UGLY GENOCIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Parallel Cathedral, Tom Sleigh
- Pleasant fruit, gajanan mishra
- Prime Truth - 28, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Offer, claudia Battams