James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE, CANADIAN? Apr 4th,2011
We are having an election in our so-called democracy,
We’re going to change some names in our Ottawa aristocracy,
But very little else is allowed to change in name,
Appointed senators and High Court judges remain the same.
And very few in their media are inclined to complain,
They are not sure whose side they are on in this strange campaign,
Because most political parties mirror one another,
Might be related, cousin, sister, mother or brother.
What Canada needs is some real democratic alterations,
Binding referendums and compulsory voting combinations,
Proportional representation instead of first-past-the-post,
Where the votes of the combined opposition are way the most.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.