Armored Hawk of War
Parapets feint amongst the dawn's cruel violent skies,
blue toned mountain meadows shade brooding endless streams,
mirror lakes engulfing highland weeping pines
disappearing footholds in steep cut sheer faced dreams.
Red spired cathedrals invade the mounting morning mist;
wind borne doves fold feathers; dip, spread wings on whiteness flow
hymns of praise, low octave notes soft lingering sounds persist,
the griffin caws, robust, brown skinned armored hawk of war.
Dense fractal wings, twin bodied beast heralding sunrise;
archers stretch their bowstrings length stone tipped arrows fly,
mystic lion, regal fleshed in monolithic birth,
harnessed pewter saddle rolls, evading slings from earth.
Diving swoops regains the breeze turning quickly falls,
pushing currents, backward strokes then rests within our walls.
Eagle headed, yellow beaked with eyes of piercing grey
climbs the forward bulwark proudly poised in art's decay.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Armored Hawk of War by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma