Captain Cur (England)
Armored Hawk of War
Parapets feint amongst the dawn's cruel violent skies,
blue toned mountain meadows shade brooding endless streams,
mirror lakes engulfing highland weeping pines
disappearing footholds in steep cut sheer faced dreams.
Red spired cathedrals invade the mounting morning mist;
wind borne doves fold feathers; dip, spread wings on whiteness flow
hymns of praise, low octave notes soft lingering sounds persist,
the griffin caws, robust, brown skinned armored hawk of war.
Dense fractal wings, twin bodied beast heralding sunrise;
archers stretch their bowstrings length stone tipped arrows fly,
mystic lion, regal fleshed in monolithic birth,
harnessed pewter saddle rolls, evading slings from earth.
Diving swoops regains the breeze turning quickly falls,
pushing currents, backward strokes then rests within our walls.
Eagle headed, yellow beaked with eyes of piercing grey
climbs the forward bulwark proudly poised in art's decay.
Poet Other Poems
- 2 To The 5th Power
- A Composition Of Rare Feminine Art, Not ...
- A Composition of Rare Feminine Art, Pian...
- A Lighted Tower
- A Pirate and a Poetess
- Adagio, love poems
- Adventure of Two Captains, Ashland Castl...
- Adventures of Two Captains
- Adventures of Two Captains to the Heart ...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Fall of A, P...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Part 9
- An Amusing Find
- Armored Hawk of War
- Beauty Fathomless, love poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.