Army performs skilfully
I have set under tree
To make sure and feel free
Of any bondage and attachment
This has made me sad with resentment
I smile with love on face
It pains me from inside with deep disgrace
How come I present my self so easily?
To the world with hate really
What do we present to world?
As human being the story is centuries old
Many great people took birth on lovely land
Served people and departed with long memory in the end
We advocate being peace lover
But later on turn out to be great hater
We talk of durable peace and harmony
But spread venom and add to misery
Army perform skillfully the patriotism job
We witness role of how they are being robbed?
Martyrs have been forgotten
Many leaders thereafter appear all of sudden
Who has voice today for poor and peasants?
Are they happy and satisfied at present?
Their plight and painful story reaches to nobody
May commit suicide and end life everyday
What have we to do with art and culture?
When our belly is unfilled and waiting for coffer?
Can country afford the pleasure of being negligent?
Our chamber is fully occupied and can afford space to be absent
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Army performs skilfully by hasmukh amathalal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Haiku Snowflakes, Kwai Chee Low
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku Christmas is Here, Kwai Chee Low
- Snowman, Kwai Chee Low
- Heralding Christmas, Kwai Chee Low
- Under the Mistletoe, Kwai Chee Low
- Silent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sorry, Sorry, Sorry To Say That, Pijush Biswas
- Let Me Stand Here, gajanan mishra
- Quack, Quack says the Duck, Kumarmani Mahakul