As I Get Closer
As I get closer
To another completion of one cycle
As I get closer to where I came from
As my heart leaps and seals the end of my human form
As I return to dust, to air, to water,
As I decay
The dust will fly with the whirlwind
The water will fill the rivers, lakes and oceans
The in air the atmosphere where I first met it will return
Farewell thee earth but not for good
Do I not see you from above in the air?
Do I not see you beneath in the river?
Do I not see you from the dust in the whirlwinds?
Am I not with you in ONENESS?
As I get closer to completion of my human form
I realize I have made a complete turn around.
Like the first voyagers I am back where I started.
As the millions before me
As the millions after me
I finally turn to another life cycle and last for eternity!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As I Get Closer by Dash Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball
- Choose, Silas Egbowon