AUTUMN IN LIFE
Autumn In Life
A man I see, with clothes tattered
Empty stomach, wanting eyes, grey hair scattered
Wealth he seeks not, nor desires any comfort
What he aspires, is his death, to avert.
Stood he, in the midst of my way
Giving his words of a heavenly pray
Slowly, trembling, hi heavy hands rose
With no choice but this way to pose.
'Sir'' humbly he said, 'This wrinkled face
Has once been the sign of baronial grace
And prosperity gladly dwelled at my palace
My neck unbowed standing on fame's terrace.
These were the hands of pride and ego
That let the mercy and pity by me go,
And doped my conscience for an unfair time
That saw humanity bleed, scream in painful rhyme.
Then the wheel of fortune at once turned
And bereaved me of what I had earned;
Wealth I lost, wandered for my own people
Slowly descended my life and became dull.
This day, I am standing before you, my lord,
Mourning my fate, joining time's broken cord.
Now, I sublimate my soul by saying so fair
From zenith, no human for nadir should uncare.
HASNAIN AAQIB's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AUTUMN IN LIFE by HASNAIN AAQIB )
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)