Awakening By The Shore At Rowardennan
Daybreak by the loch
like a snag on a fine mesh curtain
And though you pick as fast and frantic
as a tumbling hurdler,
It comes when it's ready
Then as twilight
trickles down the brae,
gently shaking the bracken.
recharging the colours
from their well earned sleep...
My back to the Ben
Still snow-capped in June
This daybreak warms not my skin.
The warmth starts from within
The bones may rattle and sway
in Loch Lomond’s great depths
Under the ledges
from whence divers turned grey.
In the twilight,
the bones have their say.
“We lie here in wait
and guard the child,
still waiting to be born.
One who may lift
the curse of the apathetic.
Lead the dire from the mire
and fill all your decanters
with a joyful pride,
that lets you welcome all
That child is a spirit
In Loch Lomond’s waters
I saw it disappear.
May the bones bring it back
when the cynic is bleached,
and the wisdom of the Scots
Is universally preached.
We can live together,
when the claymore
we need, no more
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awakening By The Shore At Rowardennan by Dan Reynolds )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- God's Most Published Poet, Tom Zart
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak