Away From It All!
I'm far away, away from it all -
the diary, the jotter, the clock in the hall,
the tasks and 'To do' lists, clipped to the wall,
the piles of paperwork towerblock-tall -
I'm away from it all!
From the endless amounts of bothers and bores,
of bills and accounts and duties and chores
and goodness knows what-all that roll through the doors
and rise through the floors in their dozens and scores,
round the house - round the clock,
without pause - without stop,
driving me up the wall!
I'm far away, away from it all,
out of reach, out of doors,
out the back on all fours.
I'm down on the ground in my overall,
digging my border,
and having a ball!
kate williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Away From It All! by kate williams )
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)