Barry A. Lanier
bLittle Cricket (#1 Poem)
His ballad sets the evening sun,
Bidding all farewell, the day is done.
While twilight ushers in the dew,
Welcomed chirps, that bid adeau.
Vastness of dark, and night soon came,
Through wind and thunder, he still sang.
My quickened heart, forever still,
Little friend outside, my window sill.
Hark! O'er the valley, and the dell,
His ballad echoes, all is well.
One last refrain, sets the evening sun,
Bids farewell, the day is done.
Barry A. Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bLittle Cricket (#1 Poem) by Barry A. Lanier )
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)