Barry A. Lanier
bLittle Cricket (#1 Poem)
His ballad sets the evening sun,
Bidding all farewell, the day is done.
While twilight ushers in the dew,
Welcomed chirps, that bid adeau.
Vastness of dark, and night soon came,
Through wind and thunder, he still sang.
My quickened heart, forever still,
Little friend outside, my window sill.
Hark! O'er the valley, and the dell,
His ballad echoes, all is well.
One last refrain, sets the evening sun,
Bids farewell, the day is done.
Barry A. Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bLittle Cricket (#1 Poem) by Barry A. Lanier )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Poem of the Day
- My Soul, Michael P. McParland
- Love is Blind, Apolynn Lagaras
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen 3, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen, Michael P. McParland
- My Promise, Michael P. McParland
- My Prayer, Michael P. McParland