In time of war the King’s right hand
is giant-like, with face of Mars.
Shining shields and glittering spears
leap to defend our Aten lands.
Commanding with cool calculation,
leader of the lunar armies
outwits and outlasts the opposition.
Before his courage and cunning the enemy flees.
In peace our Baron’s genial grace
welcomes all to camp or court;
his wisdom belies a cherubic face
and wins nothing but a good report.
So lift glass or mug in grateful praise
For service bright as Aten days.
Lord Taliesin Flynn
Jeffrey Stultz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baron Uko by Jeffrey Stultz )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)