In time of war the King’s right hand
is giant-like, with face of Mars.
Shining shields and glittering spears
leap to defend our Aten lands.
Commanding with cool calculation,
leader of the lunar armies
outwits and outlasts the opposition.
Before his courage and cunning the enemy flees.
In peace our Baron’s genial grace
welcomes all to camp or court;
his wisdom belies a cherubic face
and wins nothing but a good report.
So lift glass or mug in grateful praise
For service bright as Aten days.
Lord Taliesin Flynn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baron Uko by Jeffrey Stultz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner
- *A Jester, C. P. Sharma
- Writing For A Living Echoing Life Drama, Terence G. Craddock
- Tomorrow's Wager, Ritika Abigail
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- *Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp