red and dripping,
stains the hands of the human race.
Blood of the innocent as well as the damned
cries out for justice;
mourners in shock plead for an end
to mindless carnage;
crimes of passion, hot blooded deeds,
make fools of honest men
and cowards of the rest.
Live by the sword,
Die by the sword,
peace is found within your grasp,
raging, screaming, thundering at the injustice,
but the audience turns a deaf ear
and blind eye to the suffering;
the lament of tortured souls
is lost like ashes
in the wind.
Hearts of ice: melt!
put away your frigid pride
and embrace the fire of love;
warm the heartstones,
before cold indifference
steals the heat of life
and Ragnarok falls,
bringing endless winter
to the soul.
aka Taliesin Flynn
Jeffrey Stultz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blood by Jeffrey Stultz )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch