Be fit to be carried
Into a field high above the field, a single bird shows.
Still in flight, no fluttering wings did the eye see.
The presence of wind not found in trees.
Upon the breathe of the spirit does each wing.
Suddenly the descent of the bird reveals the spirit is now concealed.
As the bird descends the ability to fly catches the one who did yield
And allow the spirit to have its way in that time and space,
to relieve a bird of the burden of flying.
What does hinder you from flying?
A sure ascent can be had without flying.
But failure to yield so easily besets us from experiencing the bliss of ascension without flying.
Make like the bird allow the spirit to do what it will.
Experience the bliss of effortless soaring from relying on the spirit to take you there
while interrupting you from trying to exert yourself to go to a place where his strength comes to carry you to.
Yield like this bird for his strength comes to lovingly carry you.
The spirit comes to do so with only you in mind.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be fit to be carried by Timothy Branch )
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)