I was alone, on a beach of wonders and joy,
Sand scrubbed my ankles, holding the box
With fury, a little way inland there was the worry.
I had possibilities, and the acts of a day constructed
A few dreams that worked, and worked like a gloved hand
In distress and achievement.
I saw through my suit a parade on the beach,
The sands collected like a graph of subjugation,
No complications arose, as the flowers were just seaweed.
I looked around to fetch some seawater to rinse my head
Once more, once the accomplishments could arrive.
My helmet and camera stood in time, with the beach,
With all its sand particles, and all the strife connected with a graph.
The footprints disappeared fortunately,
With low sunlight the beach melted,
And the fine clothes were wet with western rain,
Weak pleasure resided in pleading for polite senses,
Weaker resorts were like beaches of sand and rain and seawater.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beach by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries
- HAIKU...The Wizard of Ice, Ken e Hall