I was alone, on a beach of wonders and joy,
Sand scrubbed my ankles, holding the box
With fury, a little way inland there was the worry.
I had possibilities, and the acts of a day constructed
A few dreams that worked, and worked like a gloved hand
In distress and achievement.
I saw through my suit a parade on the beach,
The sands collected like a graph of subjugation,
No complications arose, as the flowers were just seaweed.
I looked around to fetch some seawater to rinse my head
Once more, once the accomplishments could arrive.
My helmet and camera stood in time, with the beach,
With all its sand particles, and all the strife connected with a graph.
The footprints disappeared fortunately,
With low sunlight the beach melted,
And the fine clothes were wet with western rain,
Weak pleasure resided in pleading for polite senses,
Weaker resorts were like beaches of sand and rain and seawater.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beach by Naveed Akram )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra
- Taking A Break From Your Busy Schedule, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI