at one time or other,
picked up a pebble on the beach,
turned it over in their hands,
sensed something of its uniqueness,
how millions of years have gone to the splitting
and the smoothing of the rock,
to the perfect shaping of the pebble.
Few of us stop and think for longer.
It is a momentary glimpse into an eternal process,
but we dropp the pebble and carry on walking along the beach.
HOWLIN' DERVISH's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEACH PEBBLE by HOWLIN' DERVISH )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I'd rather be, Monica Lanier
- An Art By Heart, Rasel Khan
- Fighting on..., David Lessard
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati