Beat of the Drum from the Ole Salvation Army
Listen oh Listen as you hear a faint the sound of horns and a strong beat,
As you start to wonder what it is, it wants to make to move around up and down the street.
This causes you to move closer until you find it and the beat of it is getting very strong,
You realize that is a band and you have people around them and you and make you feel like you belong.
A few of them sing songs about a man called Jesus,
And this is something that makes you curious.
Hmmm the thought goes through your head as you listen to a man speak of how this man came and gave his life,
He speaks of how a man named Satan will try to struggle with you causing a heck of strife.
A person that you do not know comes to you and ask, if you want the man called Christ in your heart,
This made you happy to think about this question and makes you wish you had known of him from the very start.
After a lot of them accepted Him in them life, then we could all hear the beat of the drum from the good Ole Salvation Army,
So in the future and you heart that strong ole beat, then it will remind you that there is a reason to be spiritually.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By Frank Pulver
Comments about this poem (Beat of the Drum from the Ole Salvation Army by Frank Pulver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal
- Women of Tahrir Square, Abdullah alHemaidy