Because You Will Be Gone
I will miss you sore,
And think about you a million ways.
No oil can soothe
This sore you're leaving behind.
I will mourn daily,
Even if you are not dead.
I will mourn. Yes!
For a part of me will be dead.
I am too ashamed to cry,
Else the world thinks me not a man,
But i'll let it trickle down,
A dropp everyday till i die.
I will dream of wealth.
I will dream of glamour.
I will dream of hope,
But no more shall i dream of love.
As i walk the remainder of life,
I know happiness is forever hindered
And darkness forever present,
For you were my happiness and my light.
I'll miss you.
Everyday for the remainder of my life,
I'll mourn and weep and cry,
Because you will be gone.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because You Will Be Gone by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum