Fate of the trend
Fate of the society
Fall of the populace
Chaste their lives no more
For they are so much chaste
Stooping to their consorts'wish
Allowing concubines of carcinogens
Malevolent males long so much for
Innocent wives ignorent
Hands when shaken unaware..
Cunning deed of carcinogens
Jinxing their skin to breath-mute
Devils nicotine, cotinine blood-fed
They roll the beedis to strike
Off the rolls their lives
Back to sathi have they gone
But to gain some bucks
Will you please be back sir,
Mr.Rajaram Mohan Roy..
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beedi-Rollers by Indira Renganathan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...