Lee B. Mack (01/04/1957 to / Shelbyville, Kentucky)
Before Tucked Away Wild Weed: (Original 05 01 2009)
Before tucked away borage wild-weed
diverges to spring from beneath blankets
of snow late march would cover layers
of decomposed mush and cinder clumps
crushed inside adult footprints left paced
from shanty backdoors a short walk path to
twin outhouse bitumen roofed storage
sheds filled as silos of coal
or half filled plank hole covers to diarrhea pits
of waste; a child sits searching night vision
slit views through frosted gray wooden
panels looking for kitchen windows
decorated with frosted panes of separation
from pages of the Reader’s Digest of
serial short stories that tease and deceive
swill spirits that believe -so as winter
proclaims in the snow’s return to Christmas…
every Christmas eve;
wax covered table tops with holiday
candles light windows for amusement
back in the ghettos, barrios, and red neck
encampments by the railways and streams
cut deep into woods of woos
-Tough? No; Surprise? No; Of value? No;
the powers that be suffer none divine
forgiveness that culture outlive loss hope.
Poet Other Poems
- A Daughter's Lament
- A Granddaughter's Smile
- A Language of the Spirit (Improvisatio...
- A Pay Check: (Original 12 06 2008)
- A Poem Speaks Native (Improvisation 10 2...
- A Worldly Realm Of Aesthetic Things To L...
- Affraid Of Coming To Know: (Original 0...
- Antithesis Original 09 26 2010
- Before Tucked Away Wild Weed: (Origin...
- Big Sisters; (Improvisation 08 10 07...
- Brand The Minds Of Youthful Allegiances;...
- Brooklyn DJ Downtown (Original 03 07 ...
- Card Game Original 10 13 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.