Stevie Taite (30th January 1973 / Kent, England)
Behold The Flower Of The Waterlily
Behold the flower of the waterlily
The pretty pretty flower
Below the surface is a long long stem
That from deep, floats the flower high
You can't just have the flower, no no no
It cannot be with out its deep reaching stem
It's anchored with integrity
And with out what's underneath, she will die.
Poet Other Poems
- A Lesson On Poetry From My Five Year Old
- A Quiet Side Street
- A to Z of A body completing demanding ex...
- A to Z of less able exerciser!
- A Writers' Zen
- Affliction or Blessing?
- Angels fall
- Another limerick about the limerick mast...
- Answered in dreams (a bit saucy)
- Autumn 's waking mutants!
- Before A*
- Behold The Flower Of The Waterlily
- Black and Gold
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blessed by Stevie Taite )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley